Get married on the tropical island of Koh Samui for the wedding experience of a lifetime. When it comes to destination weddings, you might not realize that they need a little bit more advanced planning than a normal wedding. Your wedding look may not hold the same as it does in the climate of your home country, which is where our top professional hair stylists and makeup artists come in super handy. But who should you book? Where do you look? What are some things you should keep in mind when it comes to your look and photography?
Have no fear, our comprehensive list of stylists and makeup artists will have you looking absolutely fabulous when you rock the aisle for your tropical destination wedding.
Please note that the professionals are not listed in any specific order. All of them have many years of experience and know what it takes to make you look stunning on your big day, each of them would be a great choice for your wedding.
1. Valerie Makeup Artist & Spa Beauty
Valerie Alken has been a freelance makeup artist and beautician for 7 years now. Valerie is a professionally trained beauty therapist, who specialized in bridal makeup, hairstyling and relaxing facial treatments. Having styled numerous clients for weddings and photo shoots internationally over the years in Netherlands, Miami & Rio de Janeiro, she took the plunge and loves to do makeup in Koh Samui. You can trust her to provide you with a lovely and exceptional beauty experience for your special island wedding! By making skillful use of the highest quality products, the newest techniques and a great amount of positive energy, she’s creating flawless, sweatproof and sophisticated looks that stay put all day (and night).
On your wedding day, Valerie travels to your location and ensures you of a relaxed preparation of your bridal makeup and hair. If the timetable allows, she’ll also do makeup for bridesmaids and other members of the wedding party. Before the wedding, it’s possible to arrange a pre-wedding trial, which can also be combined with your pre-wedding photo shoot.
Valerie’s mission is to make each and every one of her clients feel and appear stunning. She loves to make the experience as relaxing and enjoyable as possible while making you look like the star of your own day. Her favourite quote: “People will stare, make it worth their while”.
Bridal Makeup prices start from THB1,400. Full packages including Makeup, Hair-styling, and Pre-wedding trial THB6,300. Pre- wedding relaxing facial including aroma- and chakra therapy THB1,200.
The Importance Of Hiring A Pro Stylist
- Trust The Island Professionals: If you have plans for a more intricate hairstyle — always go pro! Professional wedding stylists on the island bring a great deal of experience to making your wedding day one to sincerely remember. Something they truly live for! Island stylists and makeup artists are used to the tropical conditions of the island and have the knowledge and fabulous products to keep you looking amazing – all day long!
2. Polina Pak’s Studio
Polina Pak has had her studio in Koh Samui for 3 years. Currently one of the best professionals on the island, she enjoys working with many of the top wedding and event agencies and photographers.
“People from around the globe contract our services; We have had clients from the USA, Canada, Europe, Great Britain, Australia, Hong-Kong, Korea, China, Brazil, Russia, Israel, Africa and more.”
The tropical climate of Koh Samui requires special skills from makeup artists and stylists. Polina Pak has been permanently living and successfully working in the tropics for many years. She guarantees a perfect weather resistant makeup, even after an underwater photo shoot, jumping into a swimming pool, and kissing in the rain!
Polina Pak’s Studio services are fairly priced, and she even offers a special price for bridesmaids. She always listens to what her customer’s needs are and refuse to skimp on quality by using only top brand cosmetics from proven lines: MAC, Atelier, Graftobian, Ben Nye, and MakeUp Forever.
Her major specialisations are professional wedding hair and makeup, as well as makeup for photo & video shoots as well as special events. For pricing, please contact her directly.
Tips When Hiring A Beauty Professional
- Keep It Simple: When it comes to makeup and nail polish less is better. A beach bronzed look is great and neutral tones are gorgeous for island style makeup. Don’t get too caught up in the day by trying all sorts of new makeups like a bright red or smoked eye. Talk to your stylist about what you like and what might bring out your eyes and best facial features!
- Don’t Get Caught Up On The Latest Beauty Trends: Years after you wedding, you don’t want people to know in which decade you married, keep it timeless. Also you are going to be in the bright, natural sun-filled light of Koh Samui, you’ll want to keep your look naturally beautiful.
- Go For The Makeup Trial: Always get a trial if you are going to try new makeup and colors. You want to experiment before the big day so you won’t be surprised when it comes to your look.
- Don’t Go In Unprepared For Your Trial: Meet your stylist with loads of ideas. Pinterest is great because you can pin every single style and look you really like. Then you can work together easily to come up with your perfect island wedding look.
- Wear The Color Of Your Wedding Dress To Your Makeup Trial: When it comes to what to wear, wear exactly the same shade of your dress to your trial. That way you will know what it is going to look like against your dress.
3. Dany Samui Hair – Bridal Service, Hair, Makeup & Spray Tan
A professional international stylist, Dany Samui has over ten years experience in the industry. She has worked with such style icons as Vidal Sassoon cultivating extensive knowledge in wedding hair, makeup, and spray tanning. If you want to look breathtaking when you walk down the aisle, look no further than Dany Samui. She takes pride in helping you to shine your brightest on your wedding day, by enhancing your natural beauty and style.
She also take pride in delivering salon-quality services in your home, resort or hotel. And she experienced in men’s cuts, kids & first timers too! She also offer killer spray tans with a two-hour development and a discount for entire bridal parties. In addition to her salon services she offers White Henna paint sessions. Hair and makeup starts at THB6,000 for the bride, THB4,000 for any other lady in the wedding party; THB2,000 for a spray tan.
Best Beauty Routine Before You Travel To Koh Samui
What you should consider before travelling to Koh Samui.
- Hair: Get your hair colored or permed at least two weeks before your wedding. Just in case you don’t like it, you will have time to fix it before you leave.
- Wax: Waxing your face or sensitive areas can cause redness and swelling, so to keep that out of your photos or the bedroom we recommend you wax 72 hours before the big day.
- Facials: Facials cleanse the bacteria from your pores, but can often lead to breakouts. So get any facials you want done at least 10-12 days before your special day.
- Tattoos: Tattoo makeup and body tattoos need to heal before you hit the island, so be sure to get these done at least one to three months before your wedding.
4. Magic Day Hair and Makeup
Anna Podchasova says,
“It will soon be your most important day in your life! You’re getting married. It is so important on this day to look gorgeous.”
A professional makeup artist and master of wedding hairstyles, she has extensive experience creating a variety of hairstyles and knows how to do so in the hot tropical sun and ocean wind. She prides her styling in never letting the island elements damage your wonderful image on your wedding day.
Prices for bridal make up and hair start from THB3,000 and THB1,300 for brides maids and wedding guests. Additional services include manicure and pedicure.
Top Beauty Tips When You Get To The Island
There are some amazing things every bride should keep in mind when it comes to beauty on the island. Our top tips to keep you looking gorgeous are simple and easy.
- Cosmetics: Keep cosmetics cool so they glide on smooth for a matte finish.
- Hair: If you have curly hair, pack anti-frizz products as island humidity bring out the wild in your hair.
- Perfumes: Don’t wear heavy perfumes, as that can attract mosquito or bugs that bit. Instead, grab lotions with citronella.
- Bug Bites: Soothe bug bites with herbal products like Tiger Balm or Weleda Combudoron Gel. Both are great for reducing swelling and itchiness of bug bites from island inhabitants.
- Sun Block: Pack sun block that is 30SPF and up due to the nature of the sun reflecting off the crystal island waters. No matter how well you tan, 15 is just too low for the island sun and sand. Bring sun block from home, it is much more expensive on the island.
- Nails: Save your manicure for the island. Get your nails done by a professional 1 to 2 days prior to the big day so you don’t chip your nails.
- Don’t Leave Your Brows Behind: Brows are super important because they really make your face pop! Be sure to visit a beauty salon before your big day.
- Tan Lines: Pack a swimsuit similar to the cut of your wedding dress, so you don’t get any crazy tan lines.
5. Wedding Hair & Makeup Koh Samui
Carla Heffernan a British hair and makeup artist living and working on Koh Samui, her professional services include Bridal trial hair and makeup, wedding day bridal hair and makeup, as well as bridal party & guest hair and makeup. Her goal as a wedding hair and makeup artist:
“I keep in constant contact with the bride before her wedding day, so she feels comfortable and at ease before arriving here for the big day. We will discuss potential hair and makeup styles so there is no dispute from the bride and the bridal party. They get exactly what they want. I feel I have the most amazing job in the world making the bride and bridal party look as stunning as they can on their special day. I have a team of the most professional stylists that work alongside me so we can accommodate any size of wedding.”
Carla Heffernan has also worked on high-profile television series from Europe for the last 4 years including The Bachelor Switzerland, The Bachelor Germany, and Date my Son. Prices start at THB3,000 for full wedding makeup services, additional services include body waxing at THB1,300, Indian ear candling from THB500 & up, eyelash & eyebrow tinting for THB1,000.
Beauty Tips For Your Big Day
- Relaxing: Pamper yourself with a lush breakfast in your wedding suite.
- Prepare For The Outdoors: Don’t forget to outdoor proof your body on your wedding day. An hour before you put on your wedding dress apply bug spray to keep your look insect free.
- Master The Heat: Switch off the air-conditioning in your room one half hour before your ceremony. This will give you time to adjust to the island heat, and make any final adjustments to your wedding look.
We love to hear what you brides and grooms have to say. Is there any wedding Hair Stylists or Makeup Artists missing or is there any essential destination wedding beauty tip that should be up there. Let us know in the comments.